Recovery of Unpaid Overtime FL

Getting the Money You Earned: A Comprehensive Guide to Recovering Unpaid Overtime Wages with an Expert Attorney

Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas

If you have worked overtime and not been paid for it, then you may be entitled to recover those wages. In this guide, we will explain everything you need to know about recovering unpaid overtime wages, including how an expert Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas  can help you get the money you earned.

Introduction to Recovering Unpaid Overtime Wages

Under federal law, employers are required to pay their employees time-and-a-half for any hours worked beyond 40 in a week. However, many employers fail to comply with these laws, which means that millions of workers across the country are owed billions of dollars in unpaid overtime wages each year. If you believe your employer has failed to pay you for all the hours you’ve worked, there are steps you can take to recover what is rightfully yours. Reach out to a qualified Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas.

How a Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas  Can Help You Get the Money You Earned

One of the best ways to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve is by hiring an experienced attorney who specializes in labor law cases. An attorney can advise you on your legal rights and options, as well as handle negotiations with your employer or represent you in court if necessary.

Additionally, an attorney can help you determine whether you are eligible for other types of damages, such as liquidated damages or punitive damages, depending on the circumstances surrounding your case. Speak to an experienced Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas.

The Legal Process of Recovering Unpaid Overtime Wages

To begin the process of recovering unpaid overtime wages, you should first file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) or contact an attorney who specializes in labor law cases. The DOL investigates claims of unpaid overtime wages and can order your employer to pay you back wages plus interest and penalties.

Alternatively, you can file a private lawsuit against your employer seeking payment of unpaid wages, liquidated damages, attorneys’ fees, and costs associated with bringing the suit. Your attorney can provide guidance on which option is best suited for your particular situation.

Common Questions About Recovering Unpaid Overtime Wages

Q: How far back can I go to claim unpaid overtime wages?

Ans: Under federal law, you can generally only seek recovery of unpaid overtime wages going back two years from when you filed your complaint. However, some states have longer statutes of limitations, so check with your attorney to find out more information specific to your state.

Q: What if my employer tells me they didn’t realize they were violating the law?

Ans: While ignorance of the law is no excuse, your employer may still be liable for failing to properly classify you as exempt or non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). It’s important to consult with an attorney to determine whether your employer’s actions constitute a violation of the FLSA. Speak to a Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas.

Q: Will filing a complaint hurt my relationship with my employer?

Ans: Filing a complaint for unpaid overtime wages does not necessarily mean that you must quit your job or endure retaliation from your employer. Retaliation is illegal under both federal and state law, and your attorney can work to protect your interests throughout the entire process.

Conclusion: Taking Action Towards Getting Your Hard-Earned Pay

Recovering unpaid overtime wages can seem daunting, but taking action towards getting your hard-earned pay is essential. By working with an expert Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Attorney in Kansas, you can increase your chances of success and obtain the compensation you deserve. Don’t let fear or uncertainty prevent you from pursuing justice; instead, reach out to an attorney today to learn more about your legal options.

If you feel you have been denied your unpaid overtime at work, contact Lytle & Barszcz today to learn more. Our consultations are free.

$2 Million dollar jury verdict for minimum wage worker obtained by Lytle & Barszcz in a federal court trial in the United States District Court Middle District of Florida.

The Plaintiff was a minimum wage worker and had been employed less than one (1) month at the Burger King franchise. About a year before working for the company in 2017, she was in a horrific car accident that led to her needing the trachea tube in order to breathe. She was hired by a manager who was informed about the tube and saw it during her initial interview, but a “higher management official” came to the store after she started working and directed that she be terminated because of the trachea tube.

The jury’s award includes $2 million in punitive damages, as well as $30,000 for emotional pain and mental anguish, and $15,519.60 for lost wages, after just a two day trial.

If you think you may have a claim for disability discrimination, contact Lytle & Barszcz today to learn more. Our consultations are free.

All communications with our firm are confidential and privileged.

Fill out my online form.